Friday, July 1, 2011

My Review for Something Blue by Emily Giffin

I picked up this book with hesitation.  I thought it would be a little too trite for my taste, but I actually ended up liking it.  The main character, Darcy, is vain and superficial and makes horrible decisions.   She is very unlikable at first.

Darcy is your typical Alpha female with a loyal plain best friend named Rachel.  Darcy never lets Rachel (or anyone else) shine in the lime light.  Darcy is carelessly engaged for 7 years and cheats on her fiance a few times during their engagement.  Rachel ends up with Darcy's fiance while Darcy has gotten pregnant by her fiance's sleazy friend.

Through an unlikely source, she learns some tough life lessons and receives tough love.  Sometimes salvation clops in a non glamorous package.

This is a good summer read type of book.  I would definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a light read. 

Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!  Happy reading!!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment