Thursday, July 14, 2011

How to Make a Clay Mermaid Tutorial Part Two

Apart from the tail, the hair and crown show cases the mermaid and gives her a romantic touch.



Roll six long strands of hair.  Place three strands on each side of her head.  You will need to trim the edges by using the smooth side of a butter knife.  I like the hair to cascade down right above the fins.

Next you want to style your mermaid's hair.  Gently push the strands together and create gentle waves in the hair.  This type of hair is the easiest type to paint.  I also make wild curls and braids, but they are tedious to paint.


Crowns are easy to make.  Just make a square and form 3 triangles.
















Lastly, roll 3 small balls of clay and press each ball into each crown point.


















On my next post, I will share my painting techniques and tools.

Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri





No comments:

Post a Comment