Friday, July 8, 2011

How to Decorate a Shadow Box


I bought a shadow box for the first time at Hobby Lobby.  I bought some American Girl scrap book paper and just had so much fun creating a shadow box with my daughter's photo.










Step One:  I first cut the scrapbook paper for the background and pasted it with scrapbook paper friendly glue.  You really need a paper cutter or an Exacto knife in order for the paper to fit inside the shadow box.

I should have painted the box first and then put the scrapbook paper inside; however, I had originally planned on  gluing scrapbook paper on the entire frame.





Step two:  I printed out a photo and glued it a little off center for visual interest.










Step three:  I glued an orange American Girl photo insert over her photo.




Step four: I glued several phrases and images that reminded me of my daughter.  I have hung this in her yellow bathroom and it looks very cheerful.

Happy crafting!









Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!!!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment