Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Witch Family by Eleanor Estes

I read The Witch Family by Eleanor Estes when I was in 2nd grade and thought about it from time to time as an adult. I tried to find it for years and was thrilled when I finally found a copy.  I still love the book as much as I did when I was 8 years old.





The Witch Family is about two best friends, Amy and Clarissa and their bumblebee friend, Malachi.  The two girls make up stories and have incredible imaginations and a grand sense of adventure. The story takes place at Halloween and the girls meet witches and mermaids.

Amy and Clarissa have banished a wicked witch to a bare glassy hill as punishment for being so wicked. They only allow her off the hill on Halloween night. They soften up her punishment and send a witch girl, who is their same age, to ease the witch's loneliness.

The witch girl changes the witch's life and transforms the glassy hill into an enchanting land with other whimsical creatures.

This book is perfectly written for young girls and those who are still young at heart.  It is full of magic and charm and it is an especially fun book to read at Halloween time.

Happy reading!!

Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment