Sunday, March 11, 2012

How to Make the Paper Bag Princess Costume

Every year my daughter's school has a book parade.  She decided to be the Paper Bag Princess, Elizabeth.  Robert Munsch wrote this clever book about a witty and determined princess who sets out to rescue a boy from a dragon.  The dragon burns up the castle and Princess Elizabeth can only find a paper bag to wear among the rubble.

My dad found a huge paper bag at Home Depot.  They sell lawn and refuse paper bags.  I carefully peeled the layer with the company's logo and removed the plain paper bag, cut out holes for her head and arms, and trimmed several inches from the bottom.  I also let her wear a crown that my grandmother gave to me when I was a little girl.  I also teased her hair to make it look messy like Elizabeth's disheveled hair do.

This is a very easy and economical costume.  The only negative thing is that no one had ever read the book, but she loved her costume.

Here are 2 photos.



Thank you for reading this post and stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment