Friday, September 9, 2011

Mermaid Nesting Dolls Fun

I bought a set of 6 plain nesting dolls from Hobby Lobby for about $8. This was my first attempt to paint nesting dolls.

My daughter and I brainstormed different themes for nesting dolls. I think it would be fun to do a Halloween theme with a ghost, witch, pumpkin, mummy, black cat, and a bat. You could also draw an outline of a shape such as a pumpkin and let your child color it with markers or paint pens. The possibilities are endless for holidays. You could paint Santa, Mrs. Claus, reindeer, and elves for Christmas; bunnies, chicks, and candy for Easter; pilgrims, Indians, and turkeys for Thanksgiving, etc.

You could do fairy tale themes such as Cinderella and paint Cinderella, the prince, the fairy godmother, a wicked stepsister and stepmother, and a mouse or a bird.

It was more time consuming than I thought...but isn't that how all projects are? Most importantly, it was fun, relaxing, and a lot cheaper than buying nesting dolls online.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.





Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment