Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Invisible String Book by Patrice Karst Review

I read The Invisible String to my daughter after my mom passed away and she was struggling with my mom's death.

The book focuses on separation anxiety-whether it's being sad about going to school, going to bed, moving away, military deployment, or dealing with death. The book is about 2 children who are scared of storms during their bedtime and want their mom. Their wise mom tells them that loved ones are connected by an invisible string made of love. She explains," People who love each other are always connected by a very special string made of love. Even though you can't see it with your eyes, you can feel it deep in your heart and know that you are always connected to the ones you love."

The string can travel as far as France, space, the jungle, and even Heaven. You are never alone because you are always connected to the ones you love.

To be honest, when I first read The Invisible String to my daughter I felt disappointed in her reaction. I guess I was expecting a hallelujah chorus to descend upon us with a dizzying array of inner light bulbs brightening up the neighborhood. Instead she just sat there quietly while I read the book and did not seem very interested. However, she recently took the book with her to her old granny's house and shared it with her. Yesterday, she, out of the blue, started talking about the invisible string and she told me how much she loves her grandma. 

I cannot speak highly enough of this invaluable book for giving us some peace in the saddest of times. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars for its comforting message and cute illustrations.  It retails for about $12.  

Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri



No comments:

Post a Comment