Sunday, June 26, 2011

How to Make a Clay Princess


I have been making clay figures for several years now.  People often ask me how I make them.  First, I buy white polymer clay, the kind that you can easily mold with your hands.  It costs about $15 for a small block of clay.  Next, I roll a small ball for the face and gently press it in a flat circle. I make a small rectangle for the neck, then add the torso, arms, and gown.  I add the hair since it will lay over the arms and gown.  Lastly, you can make a simple crown and gently press it onto the hair.  You need to bake the clay at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.  Let it cool and then gently use a metal spatula to remove it from your pan (Airbake pans produce the best results). 

I apply several coats of acrylic paint .  I also add two coats of glitter glue to the gown.  You need to allow one hour between each coat of paint before you reappply another coat.  I add 2 coats of finish to the princess.  I also make a wire hanger for the back of the princess.  I twist jewelry wire into a small loop and press into a small flat oval of polymer clay and bake it for about 5-7 minutes.  I use white craft glue to attach the wire to the back of the princess.  You could attach a ribbon to the hook for an extra pop of color. 

Voila-you have created your own one-of-a-kind creation. 

Good luck and please let me know if you have any questions.

I do make customized creations for $20.  I can make mermaids, fairies, superheroes, animals, and personalized Christmas ornaments.  I am donating a portion of the proceeds to a memorial in honor of my sweet mom, Violet, who passed away in August of 2010. 

Thank you for stopping by ViBella Inspirations!

Cheri






























































No comments:

Post a Comment